THE CASE AGAINST MANDATORY COVID VACCINATION IN NIGERIA
A Position Paper by
the Nigerian COVID Response Alliance (www.NigerianCovidResponseAlliance.org)
- There is no justification for the ongoing mandating of COVID-19 vaccines in Nigeria. Not only are the supposed benefits vague, the costs in various dimensions are steep and unacceptable. Patriotic Nigerians must rise to help extricate our Government from the manipulative clutches of foreign and private interests who are the barely-hidden forces behind these mandates. We document here some grounds why the mandates should be resisted and rejected.
- The Vaccines being mandated in Nigeria are all EXPERIMENTAL and have NOT been approved for regular use by any scientific/medical authority. All they have is Emergency Use Authorization. Furthermore in a demonstration of an incredible level of audacious opacity, details of the actual contents of the vaccines, together with the Contracts with the pharmaceutical companies for their acquisition, are shrouded in utter secrecy. Not only ethics, but local and international laws DEMAND that such products be not mandated.
- Furthermore, even for approved medical products, it is expected that would-be recipients would be adequately informed by the prescribing physicians, of both benefits and risks associated with the product. The contraindications should be made clear, and alternatives should be presented and made available. Mandatory vaccination, and that of an unapproved product in particular, shamelessly violates these sacrosanct norms of modern science. Indeed, the Fact Sheets for the COVID vaccines specifically require that would-be recipients be informed of some vaccine contents, such as polyethylene glycol (PEG), which could be fatal to people allergic to it. The simple fact is that most Nigerians are not even aware of their allergy status with respect to such chemicals! The presumed “consent” of Nigerians who receive these vaccines is therefore certainly far from being “informed”.
- The Vaccines are demonstrably NOT efficacious. Hence the need for unending “booster” doses, while the “fully vaccinated” must continue to observe same protocols as they were before the jab. New virus variants are known to evolve in response to mass vaccination, and are not by any means attributable to the unvaccinated population as is being suggested in certain quarters. There is no country/territory anywhere that has overcome COVID-19 via vaccines. On the other hand, a country like Gibraltar with 100% vaccination rate continues to witness the highest severity level of COVID 19, while countries/territories that changed course from sole-dependence on mass vaccination to embrace other alternatives (like Croatia, Denmark, Norway, Japan, the Provinces of Uttar Pradesh and Delhi in India, and a number of states in the US) are all witnessing dramatic improvement in their COVID situations – often within weeks of such decisions! The UK, Czech Republic, Netherlands, and Ireland are the latest countries to join the wagon of those dropping the clearly unprofitable vaccine mandate.
- The Vaccines have been conclusively proven to be NOT safe. Not only are the scientific basis for numerous adverse effects now well established and published in reputable scientific and medical journals, the existence of such adverse effects are already being adequately DEMONSTRATED from public health data available globally. Such effects include acute ones such as myocarditis, blood clotting, and death, as well as longer-term ones including adverse reproductive outcomes and Cancers.
- The financial costs of the COVID vaccines are unjustified, especially in the face of other more compelling public health challenges Nigeria uniquely faces. Credit facilities offered us to facilitate our response to COVID (largely procurement, storage, and deployment of COVID vaccines) are now well in excess of 3 billion dollars, far exceeding our total annual health budget.
- The value of Natural Immunity is significant and CANNOT be discountenanced as is being attempted by the vaccine pushers. It is now well-established that naturally-acquired immunity against COVID-19 is far superior to vaccine-acquired immunity – in terms of efficacy, robustness and duration. As has been established in the case of measles and smallpox for example, people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have consequently acquired natural immunity should not be required to receive a COVID jab again.
- Other proven solutions exist for COVID-19, despite amazing desperate efforts to demonize and proscribe these alternatives. Articles published in the world’s topmost medical journals to push such conspiracy have been later shown to be pure forgery and unceremoniously retracted. Nevertheless policy decisions taken on the strength of these fake scientific data continue to be unabashedly used to push mandatory vaccination and associated measures.
- Even those who have received the vaccine should join the fight to reject a Mandate. The issues involved go way beyond public health. Wars have been fought and millions of lives sacrificed to defend ideals such as democracy, rule of law, and Faith. It is hard to explain the dogged determination to push this vaccine globally on all human beings, without thinking of some deep hidden agenda. Data available in OFFICIAL public records show that precisely-defined relevant patents had been filed years before the COVID pandemic ever broke out, or the virus involved identified! Resisting a patently unwarranted mass deployment of the vaccines will not only help limit the public health concerns involved, it would prevent various extensive abuses possible in any future attempt to weaponize the vaccine.
Lagos, 27th January, 2022
FOR NIGERIAN COVID RESPONSE ALLIANCE:
|Rev Tony Akinyemi (Chairperson)|
|Prof Joshua Ojo (1st Vice Chairperson)|
|Rev Linda Tokuta (2nd Vice Chairperson)|
|Mr Osazee Ihonarae (General Secretary)|
|Dr Adeniyi Oginni (Treasurer)|
|Dr Patrick Ijewere (Public Relations Officer)|
|Mr Saliu Momoh Momodu (Assist. Public Relations Officer)|
To contact us:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Phone/WhatsApp: 0805 148 3011, 0803 384 1224; 0805 710 6482
Cover picture taken from https://www.fccpc.gov.ng/uploads/files/patients-bill-of-rights-full-version.pdf
OUTLINE OF CONTENTS
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- I. PREAMBLE
- II. MANDATORY COVID VACCINATION HAS NO BASIS IN ETHICS AND LAW
- 1. The vaccines are EXPERIMENTAL and have not received due Approval for regular use
- 2. The critical requirement for Informed Consent is being flouted with impunity.
- 3. Government has plainly absolved itself and every other Authority of All Liabilities in the event of Any Adverse Effects Arising from the Vaccines
- III. MANDATORY COVID VACCINATION IS SERIOUSLY FLAWED IN SCIENCE AND LOGIC
- 1. There are very serious Issues with Efficacy of the “Vaccines”
- 2. The Vaccines have serious Safety issues that can’t be simply wished away!
- 3. Deep Concerns on the Declared, Undeclared, and Non-Uniform Contents of the Vaccines
- 4. The value of Natural Immunity is significant and CANNOT be simply discountenanced
- 5. Proven Safe and Effective Alternative Solutions abound!
- IV. DEEPLY CONCERNING GOVERNANCE AND SOCIAL-ECONOMICS ISSUES
- 1. Contrary Scientific Opinions Being Suppressed, Ruthlessly
- 2. Medical Systems being Corrupted by Incentives Encouraging False, Exaggerated Data for COVID
- 3. Open Arm-Twisting of Government by Foreign Bodies
- 4. Economic Costs of Vaccines Not Justified, Not Sustainable!
- 5. Beyond Public Health: Both Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Nigerians Should Join Hands to Prosecute This Epic Struggle.
- V. CONCLUSION
The Nigerian COVID Response Alliance is a wholly-indigenous movement formed to monitor the official response to the COVID-19 pandemic in Nigeria; and ensure that the response remains within the ambit of fundamental human rights. We have previously clarified that our grouse is not with vaccines themselves, but their being blindly mandated for everybody without due comprehensive and holistic risk-benefit considerations for both individuals and society as a whole. In June 2020, we saw in the proposed amendment to the Control of Infectious Diseases Act, a dastardly attempt to foist mandatory vaccination on Nigerians with grim implications both for basic freedom and public health. We also foresaw a more grievous scenario following, as nanobots, already developed but currently held in abeyance, are unceremoniously deployed once mandatory vaccination has been established and accepted. All these portend a truly fearful future for both us and our children! We consequently submitted a Memorandum to the House of Representatives to plug the potential pitfalls in the Bill. We also followed up with Press Releases and advertorial in the national Press to alert the nation.
Although many considered our warnings as somewhat far-fetched, the scenarios we described are now fast turning into incredible reality right before us! Circumventing the National Assembly, the Executives at State and Federal levels are now mandating the exact policies which the Legislature had stepped down for further considerations in response to vociferous public outcries. To do this, the executive arm of government conveniently resorted to using emergency “interventionist outfits”, such as the Presidential Steering Committee (PSC) on COVID-19, to dish out decrees not in any way backed by the Nigerian Constitution. The unjustifiable outrageous mandating of COVID vaccination which began surreptitiously at the National Sports Festival (Edo 2021) has now reached all employees of the Federal Government, overflowed to members of the National Youth Service Corp scheme, and is currently indirectly threatening teenagers with announcements by JAMB that the mandates will be enforced at her facilities as fully as possible. The heat is also being put on employees at the Local Government levels; and at press time, indications have emerged of government attempting to conflate COVID and childhood vaccines which could potentially see day-olds (presumably, “accidentally”) receiving COVID vaccines!
While States such as Edo, Ondo, and Osun are warmly embracing the unconstitutional mandates, thankfully others (including Abia, Bauchi, Cross River, Enugu, Ogun, and Taraba), have reportedly clearly distanced themselves from such abject illegalities. However, as at the time of compiling this Paper, the House of Representatives, on its last plenary day in 2021 reportedly passed the amendment to the Control of Infectious Diseases Act; but surprisingly, the contents of the new Bill which has been forwarded to the Senate for concurrence, is unavailable for the general public to view!
With this Position Paper, we wish to document for the attention of the Nigerian public, basic facts concerning these unprecedented momentous events unfolding around us; and urge that we all, as a matter of duty (at least to our children), pay closer attention to them than we might have done hitherto. We insist, and show in this Paper, that mandatory COVID vaccination has absolutely no merit neither on the basis of Ethics and Law, nor that of sound Science and Logic. Furthermore other social-economic realities demand that all Nigerians, irrespective of their vaccination status, should urgently rise to resist this looming evil.